It's February 14th, and if you haven't chosen the perfect gift for that special someone there’s no need to worry! We’ve gathered up some ideas on how to make the day feel special without spending a lot of money. Whether you’re spending the day with your bestie or your significant other, these suggestions will help show your love this Valentine's Day!
- Write down some of your favorite memories you've shared together. These could be big life events or even the smallest of details. You could share with them the moment you knew you were in love, or the little things they do that make you feel special. If you’re celebrating with your best friend, you could share some of your favorite moments from a weekend getaway. Whatever it is, share the moments that matter most.
- Create a bucket list of things you want to do together in the next year. Do you ever get overwhelmed thinking about all the different activities you want to do? It's time to organize those thoughts! Sharing these ideas with your loved ones can help get the wheels turning and make things happen. Have your significant other or bestie add to the list once you share your ideas with them.
- Make them a playlist. So this idea is definitely not new, but it's such a sweet way to share your love! Music has the unique ability to take you back to a certain time or place. Choose songs that you both resonate with, we know your date or best friend will surely love it.
- Create a scavenger hunt. This one may require a bit of time and planning, but you can make it as simple or elaborate as you like! Leave handwritten hints around your home, or a location that holds a special meaning to them, with ideas on where to find the next clue. The hints can include details about your love story, your favorite places, favorite movies or shows, or anything you know they'll connect with. At the end of the scavenger include a sweet prize for finishing.
- Hand pick a small plant from your local nursery. Plants are such a sweet, simple and affordable gift! From succulents, to air plants, to houseplants, there are many different options. While receiving a bouquet of flowers is really special, receiving a plant that lives longer will mean a lot!
- Tell them you love them. Most importantly of all, tell your special someone you love them, and that you're happy to have them in you life. This means the most of all, and it's what Valentine’s Day is truly about!