Part-Time Sewing Specialist
• Commercial Sewing: 1 year (Required)
• US work authorization (Required)
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description:
Slow North is searching for a skilled, energetic, creative, and motivated individual to join our team part-time as a Sewing Production Assistant. We have an opening for someone who is a skilled technician with commercial sewing equipment or a craftsperson who is quick and accurate. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a reliable, rewarding, and flexible part-time position.
PART-TIME - Must be available on Saturdays + Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday (between the hours of 8 am - 6 pm).
COMPENSATION: $13.00/hour to start
We offer some flexibility in work hours/schedule. Weekly hours will 15-20 hours per week to start (5-hour shifts), with the potential to grow into a full-time role later in the year. Your job will be to perform a variety of tasks associated with the creation and finishing of our products.
• Operate commercial sewing machine and commercial serger for the production of therapy packs and reusable facial cloths.
• Hand-stitch closures on migraine masks.
• Prepare products to be sewn by measuring, cutting, grouping, and organizing materials by order
• Perform clean up on finished products by cutting loose threads
• Make adjustments to products to for easy fit into product packaging
• Package finished products
• Document completed work on appropriate worksheets for productivity tracking
• Put away packaged products
• Refill/restock materials needed for workstations
• Perform miscellaneous tasks and projects as assigned
• Have an artistic eye with visual precision for alignment and centering items.
• Attention to detail, ensuring that every aspect of our product meets our high-quality standards.
• Must have commercial sewing machine or other precision equipment operation experience.
• Possess excellent vision and pass company sewing test
• Demonstrate ability to work in an organized manner
• Must have speed/accuracy skills to meet weekly production deadlines
• Strong communication
• Ability to lift 25lbs. routinely and safely
• Positive energy
• Self-motivated to perform well
• Ability to take direction
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to learn quickly
• A knack for working with and troubleshooting machinery & technology
• Ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to maintain focus while performing repetitive tasks for long periods of time
• Flexible work schedule
• Store discounts
• Paid time off (after initial 90-day probationary period)
Slow North provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
• Remote interview process
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
All individuals entering our workspace are required to wear masks properly and perform self-screenings each morning before coming to work.
Email Resume to: email@example.com or Apply Online
Our ideal Content Writer has an educational mindset and is a savvy wordsmith who loves to write. You're interested in some of the following: self-betterment, natural products, herbalism, minimalism, entrepreneurship, yoga, mental health, overall wellness, and more. Most of all, you have enthusiasm for what we do + what we're trying to accomplish as a brand.