Self-Care for all 4 Zodiac Elements
Nothing is quite so magical as stargazing. I love to stand outside on a dark, clear night, crane my neck to the sky, and watch as my eyes adjust to the dark and star after star becomes visible. I imagine somebody else staring up at the same stars, thousands of years ago, and I love that the zodiac connects us at once to the stars above us, our own inner selves, and each other.
Self-care by zodiac type is a great way to better understand, nurture, and honor your own precious self (whether or not you’ll be stargazing any time soon!).
The twelve zodiac signs are divided into four elements (water, fire, earth, and air) and as you can imagine, each element has its own set of needs and best practices. Here are some of our favorites:
Self-Care for Water Signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces)
Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces are all water signs; self-care helps them find stability through the often-sudden inner and external changes they experience.
Water signs tend to be quite intuitive, and are sometimes so focused on caring for others that they neglect their own care. Regularly scheduling self-care (and insisting on its importance!) can make a world of difference.
- A bath (water is a natural fit for you; try elevating your bath with gorgeous bath salts or an herbal bath tea
- Lighting a candle to create a self-care ritual (look to aromatherapy like Lavender + Cedar to help ground and nourish your emotions)
- Writing poetry to help you recognize, understand, and honor your emotions and experiences
Self-Care for Fire Signs (Leo, Sagittarius, Aries)
Leo, Sagittarius, and Aries all tend to have an incredible amount of passion, energy, and drive. So much, in fact, that these signs can have a difficult time turning it off to rest!
Self-care for fire elements focuses on helping these signs find constructive ways to direct all that passion, while also finding ways to calm and quiet themselves so that they can find renewed energy for changing the world.
- Forest bathing to help your shoulders drop down from around your ears
- Taking a nap (this eye mask + linen spray are the ultimate combination to help you finally achieve relaxation)
- A new project, just for fun, like a puzzle or learning how to heal with herbs
Self-Care for Earth Signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn)
Earth signs tend to be delightfully practical and pragmatic, but their earthiness also gives them a deep love for the finer things in life.
Self-care for earth signs looks like tapping into this earthy delight, looking to decadence and sensory mindfulness as a way to nurture the whole self.
- Facial massage with a luxe face oil and a green aventurine crystal face roller or gua sha stone (green is your color) to activate your heart chakra
- Burning a thoughtfully crafted candle made from hand-poured stoneware full of sensual essential oils like patchouli, cedarwood, and bergamot
- A handmade eye mask + neck wrap bundle to surround you with love
Self-Care for Air Signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius)
Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius are at their best when they’re free to be their imaginative, thoughtful, wildly creative selves. For self-care, air signs can look to activities that help free up the subconscious mind and unleash creativity!
- One of these five exercises for creative growth (preferably while burning a candle in a mentally-stimulating scent, like this one)
- Hiking alone to stir up the imagination
- Learning about something new, like how to formulate your own natural skincare