Join us for an afternoon Natural Silk Dyeing workshop at Slow North's shop featuring local artist Carol Hargus of Soul Studio. With Carol's guidance, you will explore the world of eco-printing, a technique using plant based dyes in combination with leaves, flowers and other natural materials to create abstract and unique imprints. You'll return home a gorgeous, one-of-a-kind silk scarf thats made from truly sustainable materials, plus the skills to continue eco-printing at home!
Claim your place today! Due to limited space, there are only 8 spots available.
We strongly recommend dressing to get a little messy. Please wear clothing you don't mind embellishing with some accidental plant dye!
After purchasing tickets, you and any accompanying guests will be required to electronically sign our Public Workshop Policies and Release of Liability + Media Form. To preview these documents, click here.
Carol is the co-owner and lead dye artist of Soul Studio. She has 30 years of experience working with textiles and a lifelong love of the natural world. Natural dyeing has a become a livelihood for her, as she's explored and shared the amazing world of natural dyes for 5 years and counting.
Included in this Workshop:
- Materials: one blank silk scarf, a variety of dye powders + liquids, an assortment of fresh + dry flowers
- 2 hours of guided practice from a local professional
- Please bring: crafting clothes + a notebook for note-taking
- Date: Sunday, April 30th
- Time: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes early to review and sign our Public Workshop Policies and Release of Liability + Media Form
Location: 2700 W Anderson Ln #410, Austin, TX (between Madam Mam's and Epoch Coffee)
- Free parking is available in the lot out front
- Ages 13+
- 10% off your entire in-store purchase (valid day of workshop only)
Workshop tickets are non-refundable except in case of workshop cancellation. We do not accept any reschedule/refund requests less than 48 hours in advance. With at least 48 hours advance notice, we may be able to reschedule your ticket for another workshop, but we cannot guarantee this option as it depends on ticket availability.