Saturday, November 13th - DIY Knitted Pumpkin Workshop
Join us for an afternoon Knitted Pumpkin Workshop at Slow North's shop featuring local artist Susan Hay of Eight Little Fingers. With Susan's guidance, you will learn basic knitting skills to create your very own decorative knitted pumpkin and go home equipped with the skills (and extra materials!) to create a basketful of them.
Claim your place today! We are limiting class capacity to 8 attendees and masks will be required.
Susan was born in Edinburgh, Scotland where she was taught to knit by her grandad and mum, a skill that has been passed down through many generations. She relocated to the U.S. with her husband, and after living in New York for 10 years, they moved to Austin over 8 years ago. She has been knitting regularly for over 30 years and while she loves all knitting, her true passion is designing and knitting toys. When she's not knitting, she loves reading, yoga and travel. She's also a regular volunteer and foster of cats for Austin Pets Alive!
Included in this Workshop:
- Materials: knitting needles, yarn needle, brown yarn for pumpkin stems, filling material, knitting instructions, a pattern for the project, and a completed pumpkin for reference
- Your own knitted pumpkin to take home
- The tools and enough materials to create roughly 8-10 more knitted pumpkins at home
- 3 hours of hands-on instruction and guided practice from a local artist
- Saturday, November 13th
- Time: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Masks required
- 10% off Slow North store (valid day of workshop only)
- All workshop sales final
Workshops are hosted in Slow North's beautiful north-central shop located at 2700 W. Anderson Ln., Suite 410 (between Epoch Coffee and Madam Mam's) in Austin. Free parking is available in the lot out front.