Saturday, June 4th - Natural Silk Dyeing Workshop
Join us for an afternoon Natural Silk Dyeing Workshop at Slow North's shop featuring local artist Carol Hargus of Soul Studio. With Carol's guidance, you will explore the world of eco-printing, a technique using plant based dyes in combination with leaves, flowers and other natural materials to create abstract and unique imprints. You'll return home a gorgeous, one-of-a-kind silk scarf thats made from truly sustainable materials, plus the skills to continue eco-printing at home!
Claim your place today! Due to limited space, there are only 8 spots available.
We strongly recommend dressing to get a little messy. Please wear clothing you don't mind embellishing with some accidental plant dye!
Carol is the co-owner and lead dye artist of Soul Studio. She has 30 years of experience working with textiles and a lifelong love of the natural world. Natural dyeing has a become a livelihood for her, as she's explored and shared the amazing world of natural dyes for 5 years and counting.
Included in this Workshop:
- Materials: one blank silk scarf, a variety of dye powders + liquids, an assortment of fresh + dry flowers
- 2 hours of guided practice from a local professional
- Please bring: crafting clothes + a notebook for note-taking
- Saturday, June 4th
- Time: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- 10% off Slow North store (valid day of workshop only)
- All workshop sales final except in case of workshop cancellation
Workshops are hosted in Slow North's beautiful north-central shop located at 2700 W. Anderson Ln., Suite 410 (between Epoch Coffee and Madam Mam's) in Austin. Free parking is available in the lot out front.